Following updated advice from SLC, we would like to
summarise the current arrangements for the school on Monday and Tuesday.
- School will offer child care only for parents/carers who are listed as Category 1 workers or are emergency service workers (NHS staff, police, fire and rescue, ambulance and prison service)
- Even if families fall into these categories, these arrangements are only for children who are well and healthy and who cannot secure personal, alternative childcare arrangements.
- Given the unique and evolving circumstances, children should not expect a normal school day. Staff will strive to keep children occupied, safe and secure from 9.00am until 3.00pm.
- We ask all children to enter the front PE hall door from 8.50am at the earliest. Parents will be required to sign in each child in the reception area before the children enter the school. Parents should observe the 2 metre social distancing regulations when waiting to sign in.
- Similarly, all children should be collected no later than 3.00pm from the PE hall door.
- We anticipate there will be many questions, however you will appreciate that our priority and all our focus will be to ensure children enter and exit the school safely. We will ensure any information or updates will be sent to families as we have it throughout the day using the school app and school website.
- School lunches will be available to those who are eligible from the front office hatch, 12.30pm until 1.15pm.
We would like to emphasise that the specific arrangements in
place are only for Monday and Tuesday. The
details of arrangements for after this time will be communicated to you when
We would like to thank everyone for their understanding, kind
words and support during this unique time.
Events are fast changing and we will strive to keep you informed as best
We wish you all good health in the weeks ahead and look
forward to the school opening as normal as soon as it is safe to do so.
Please take time to open and read the attached letter from Tony McDaid, Director of Education
SLC have advised that school will be open Monday 23 March and Tuesday 24 March from 9am- 3pm in the first instance to the children of Category 1 key workers only.
Category 1 Key workers:
- Health and Care workers supporting Covid and associated staff.
- Health and Care workers supporting life threatening emergency work
- Critical primary and community care provision
- Energy suppliers
- Staff providing childcare for other category staff. (i.e. teachers, and all other school staff including facilities)
If your occupation is listed above and you require childcare on Monday and Tuesday, please email the school office as soon as possible. Office@st-johns-hamilton-pri.s-lanark.sch.uk
Please do not call as we are currently dealing with a high number of calls.
Please include in your email:
- Your child/children’s names and class
- Your full name
- Your role within Category 1 descriptions.
If your child is entitled to a free school meal, lunch will be available from 12.30-1.15pm on Monday and Tuesday in the first instance.
To allow catering staff to prepare food please email the school office to request a lunch.
At this point, we are unable to provide details of the lunch choices.
Thank you for your continued support and good wishes.
Over the period when the school is closed, we will
communicate with families through the School App and through the school
In addition we will send a GLOW email to each child on Monday 23rd March to let
them know of any work/activities available to the children.
The initial email
will have a link which will take them to their class work folder. There will also be a link to a whole school
folder with useful activities any class can browse and access.
Please note that this email service is provided only to give
families information from school. Can
you please remind your children that this should never be used for
communicating with friends or teachers.
By doing this, we will keep the communication channel clutter free, so
messages from school are clear and easily accessible.
If families wish to contact the school they can email the
headteacher or a member of the school senior management team. We will endeavour to read your email and
respond during the hours of a normal school working day.
If you do not know how to access GLOW at home, please click
on the link below for instructions.
If your child has been absent and you do not have their GLOW sign in details, please email the school and we will get them to you.
You can also email if you would like information about downloading the school App.
Please use the following email,
Many thanks for your understanding and support at this unique time in the school’s history.
Please take the time to open and read our latest School Newsletter.
Newsletter February 2020
Please take some time to click and open our January Newsletter.
Newsletter January 2020
Please take some time to click and open our Outdoor Play Newsletter.
If you have a child due to start school in August 2020, please contact the school office and arrange an appointment to enrol your child in St. John’s.
Parents must bring child’s full birth certificate (abbreviated version cannot be accepted) and two proofs of residence within the school catchment area. This can be documents such as utility bills, council tax bills or proof of child benefit.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child next week.
2019 Primary 1 Enrolment Poster
Please take some time to click on and look at our latest newsletter.
Newsletter December 2019
Please take time to read the attached letter.