At St John’s all fundraising is carried out by the Parent Council and not by a separate PTA within the Parent Council. Fundraising by the Parent Council provides the school with approximately £5-7k additional funds per year. The Parent Council are always looking for new fundraising ideas or suggestions so if you have any please feel free to share with us or if you are interested in assisting please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook:St Johns Primary School – Hamilton – Parent Council/Forum.
Funds raised in previous years have gone towards: –
- 2018/19 – Events Programme for 2018/19
- 2017/18 – Events Programme for 2017/18
- 2016/17 –
- 2015/16 – £7213 raised – £5000 towards outdoor trim trail, contribution towards new PA System, resources for French and Art, drumming workshops, Christmas parties and panto.
- 2014/15 – £xxxx raised – £2500 towards iPads
- 2013/14 – £xxxx raised – £800 Outdoor waterproof clothing, £350 Arts and crafts materials, £450 per class SRA box (for higher order reading skills), £250 Trolley for cooking equipment and savings towards iPads.
- 2012/13 – £4878 raised and £1170 in book vouchers. Peter Pan Panto, Physics Workshop, Eco Day Games, Christmas Parties, Science Project, Outdoor Seating, Charlotte’s Web, Bee-Bots Class Bundle, ASN Cameras, Titanic Topic. The full expenditure is available here
- 2011/12 – £4500 raised. Author visit, Parties, Transport for summer outings, Mosaic for garden, 3 Camcorders and non-residential activities
- 2010/11 – £3900 raised. £1800 used to help purchase a new literacy reading scheme for P1-P3 pupils and £2100 to help subsidise school trips and other educational visits.