Please find attached the form you must complete if you feel all parents/carers in the house are officially classified as Key Workers.
If this is the case, please have your child return the completed form to school on Thursday 7th January.
Definition of a key worker:
- Health and Care workers directly supporting COVID response, and associated staff; Health and Care workers supporting life threatening emergency work, as well as critical primary and community care provision; Energy suppliers (small numbers identified as top priority already); staff providing support for childcare/learning.
- All other Health and Care workers, and wider public sector workers providing emergency/critical welfare services (for example: fire, police, prisons, social workers), as well as those supporting our Critical National Infrastructure, without whom serious damage to the welfare of the people of Scotland could be caused.
- All workers (private, public or third sector) without whom there could be a significant impact on Scotland (but where the response to COVID-19, or the ability to perform essential tasks to keep the country running, would not be severely compromised).
In order to be eligible to access childcare:
- both parents must be keyworkers. (or, in the case of a single parent should meet criteria)
- children should attend only when there are no alternative childcare arrangements