Dear Parent / Carer
Changes in Covid 19 guidance
I am very pleased to inform you that after the First Minister’s announcement on Tuesday there will be changes to some of the Covid 19 mitigations in and around our school.
To give parents time to plan, organise child care and to prepare children these changes will come into action from Thursday 17 February 2022.
- There is no longer a requirement for a one way system within the school grounds and from 17 February all visitors to the school can enter and exit by either pedestrian gate.
- There will be no staggered start and finish times. All children will enter the playground through the usual main gate in the morning and will exit by the main gate at 3pm. The main playground gate will be locked after 9am and anyone arriving after this time will need to enter the school through the front entrance at reception. School hours will be 9.00 am- 3.00 pm for all children.
- Masks are still mandatory in the playground for all adults.
- Parents/ Carers are reminded not to use the school car park and are requested to use our park and stride from the Bent Park. Only permitted cars/ vehicles are allowed to drop off/ park in the car park. These are: school transport, ASN transport and blue/ red badge holders only.
- Visitors to the school are still limited and therefore Parent Consultations in March will take place by phone conversations. Children’s work will be sent home for you to enjoy looking at prior to the phone call. Approximate call times will be sent out to each class nearer the time.
- There is no longer a requirement for children to remain in bubbles/class groups. This means that during different curricular lessons classes can mix and join together. At lunchtime children can sit at any table in the dining room.
- Large gatherings such as assemblies are not allowed so we will continue to record our assemblies and share them with children each Friday.
We very much look forward to normality resuming within the school with the remaining restrictions being lifted in the near future.