Please take a look at some of the ways we support pupils in St. John’s. (Also stored within Policies and Procedures Section)
Please take time to read the letter below which was compiled after recent meetings of our Pupil Voice groups.
Also, please have a look at the poster the pupils made.
Proud to be a Gold Rights Respecting School
At the moment our Pupil Voice groups are leading a Road Safety campaign to make walking to and from St John’s safer for everyone.
We would like to remind everyone that there is a 20mph speed limit outside our school. Recently, some of our Rights Respecting School committee met with local MSP, Monica Lennon and raised their concerns about poor signage of the speed limit.
We would also like your support in using our designated Park and Stride at the Bent car park. Only authorised vehicles- school transport and Blue/Red badge holders should come in the school grounds and use the car park. This limits the number of vehicles near our school and helps keep our children safe.
Our Pupil Voice groups will continue to work on this campaign over the coming weeks and have lots of great ideas to improve road safety.
Thank you for your continued support.
RRS Committee & Pupil Council
Please take some time to open and read our latest newsletter.
Dear Parent / Carer
Changes in Covid 19 guidance
I am very pleased to inform you that after the First Minister’s announcement on Tuesday there will be changes to some of the Covid 19 mitigations in and around our school.
To give parents time to plan, organise child care and to prepare children these changes will come into action from Thursday 17 February 2022.
- There is no longer a requirement for a one way system within the school grounds and from 17 February all visitors to the school can enter and exit by either pedestrian gate.
- There will be no staggered start and finish times. All children will enter the playground through the usual main gate in the morning and will exit by the main gate at 3pm. The main playground gate will be locked after 9am and anyone arriving after this time will need to enter the school through the front entrance at reception. School hours will be 9.00 am- 3.00 pm for all children.
- Masks are still mandatory in the playground for all adults.
- Parents/ Carers are reminded not to use the school car park and are requested to use our park and stride from the Bent Park. Only permitted cars/ vehicles are allowed to drop off/ park in the car park. These are: school transport, ASN transport and blue/ red badge holders only.
- Visitors to the school are still limited and therefore Parent Consultations in March will take place by phone conversations. Children’s work will be sent home for you to enjoy looking at prior to the phone call. Approximate call times will be sent out to each class nearer the time.
- There is no longer a requirement for children to remain in bubbles/class groups. This means that during different curricular lessons classes can mix and join together. At lunchtime children can sit at any table in the dining room.
- Large gatherings such as assemblies are not allowed so we will continue to record our assemblies and share them with children each Friday.
We very much look forward to normality resuming within the school with the remaining restrictions being lifted in the near future.
Infant enrolment week – January 2022
Please take time to read the attached letter from South Lanarkshire updating policy and approaches.
We are pleased to announce that the school will re-open on Monday 13th December.
We look forward to seeing the pupils back in class.